Our four day week is over and I think we are ready for our first FULL five day week!
On Friday we tried to do some "fun" activities to celebrate the end of our school week. We reached our goal this week for following directions and "filling buckets", so we were able to have popsicles during snack time!
For our SWR lesson we put shaving cream all over the tables and the students practiced writing letters, names, words from the "at" family, and our sight words "see" and "the". This was my first time doing this activity, so I didn't realize that I should have students only use ONE hand in the shaving cream. We sure had a lot of fun but it was super messy!!!
During our social studies time we are doing a unit of study titled "All About Me". During this unit we learn about different backgrounds and celebrate all people. We read books about loving who we are and feeling unique. The main project of this unit is a self-portrait. On Friday we read a book about skin colors and practiced "color mixing" to create our own skin colors for our self-portraits. I gave each student a plate with different colors on it, and students were able to mix the colors in different ways to match their own skin color! I felt brave and had all of the students painting at the same time, and it went great! They're such a kind and hard working class! I can't wait to show you our finished self-portraits!
No comments:
Post a Comment